Wednesday, December 16, 2009


Past one month have been surreal for me. Before i rant on my man Tiger Woods...let me share what happened.

On 30.10.09 (Friday) aunty called and said my third uncle passed on (61 years old). He was not sick and even chatted with his wife the night before around 10pm. He passed on peacefully in his sleep. Funeral was on 2.11.09 (Sunday).

[My weekend plan for that week was to help my friend C out driving his in-laws from KL. He registered his marriage 09.09.09. His wife is from KL. My friend since young uses clutches to move. When he was small got hit by polio. But he got a very good mind...very good with computers.]

I called him up on Friday and told him i won;t be able to help out over the weekend because of my uncle's passing, but i can help him on Monday and Tuesday (the in-laws here from Sat till Tuesday). He told me not to worry he will ask another friend to assist.

Sat evening, my friend M called me up and say that C is in the hospital. Went in for check up in the morning (before the in-laws arrival)...cause his leg was swollen. The doctor asked him to be admitted for observation. I told M i won;t be able to visit C cause of my family matter...sort of taboo. Did not want to cause 'harm' to C.

My uncle's funeral was on Sunday afternoon. Those of young generations have to walk behind the car (final sent off)...went through city center. I think it was about 1-2 km walk...then we went into our cars and go off to the place for cremation.

Around 3pm...all over. Went home to rest.

Around 5pm, i called C up..did not pick up the phone. About 5:30pm, P returned call using C's phone. And told me that at around 3 pm, the hospital tried to drain the fluid out from C's leg. C is still unconscious. I told him to keep me updated.

On that day, M and J told the in-laws sight seeing. And only return about 10pm. M called me and was informed C is still not awake. He will go over to the hospital after sending the in-laws back to the hotel.

At 11pm, J called and informed me C is now in ICU (cause did not regain consciousness). They have not reach the hospital yet. C's wife informed them. 11:30pm, M called and asked me if i am sitting down. He said they just reached the hospital and at 11:20pm, C passed on. According to the hospital....because of difficulty breathing. I was shocked when i heard the news. I told M i will go over to the hospital (since he passed on..did not worry about the taboo thingy).

My wife went with me. When we reached there..the father and mother in law was there, so was the wife's sisters. C's sister was there too...crying. We started calling all the friends we know. Friends from Kl and Singapore flew back the next day. The in-laws was supposed to come for holiday instead helping out with the funeral.

Funeral was on Tuesday. Many people came to pay their last respect. The wake was held in a shop in town (meant for this kind of service)...same place with my uncle's wake.

Tuesday the newspaper simply put up the stories. During 09.09.09 wedding registeration, C and his wife got a lot of write up by the news reporters. But for this one...only one was true cause the wife allowed to be interviwed. The rest was crap. One of them even got C's surname wrong. Another wrote he went sight seeing with the in laws and fell ill when got back. It was not the case when C himself requested M to bring him to hospital before picking up the in-laws. Had this happened in the US....would have sued the newspapers.

Any least he is now in a better place. May he rest in peace.


Chahya said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle and friend C.
Take care Nwing.

winniethepooh said...

life is always full of surprises..just like our dear Ruby. May both of ur uncle and C rest in peace.

Nightwing said...

Helo Winnie...thanks for dropping are you?